Google
 

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Aoyama achieves best result of 2010

Aoyama achieves best result of 2010

Aoyama achieves best result of 2010

Tuesday, 12 October 2010

The Interwetten Honda MotoGP rider scored his best result to date in his rookie season in the premier class with seventh place at Sepang.

Sepang 2010 - MotoGP - Race - Interview - Hiroshi Aoyama

Sepang 2010 - MotoGP - Race - Interview - Hiroshi Aoyama

The Shell Advance Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix at Sepang ended with the best result so far this season for Hiroshi Aoyama and the Interwetten Honda MotoGP Team. Aoyama ended the race in seventh place and could have finished even higher but for a coming together with Marco Simoncelli as the two fought for positions.

Hiroshi Aoyama â€" 7th:

“The race was very tough, as the conditions with the heat and humidity were really hard. Physically and mentally I was on the limit and technically there was not much more possible under these conditions. At the beginning I was finding my rhythm and then I started to overtake rider by rider. Then I was able to stay with the group that was fighting for fourth position. I could have led this group, as my rhythm was better than theirs. But Simoncelli rode a very aggressive race and touched me a couple of times and I had to not risk anything. Seventh place is the best result so far this season and my team worked very hard to achieve this. I want to thank my team and I hope that we can improve on the result at Phillip Island.”

Tom Jojic, Crew Chief:

“Hiro could have done better without the actions of Simoncelli, but we are satisfied with the result. In lap seven Hiro’s lap time matched that of Lorenzo. This shows that he can go with the group and we look forward to Phillip Island now.”

Related Articles



0 komentar: