Google
 

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Bautista takes to the waves in Malaysia

Bautista takes to the waves in Malaysia

Bautista takes to the waves in Malaysia

Thursday, 07 October 2010

The Rizla Suzuki rookie enjoyed a surfing lesson in Kuala Lumpur as he took some time out ahead of Round 15 of the 2010 campaign, the Shell Advance Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix.

Bautista learns to surf in Kuala Lumpur

Bautista learns to surf in Kuala Lumpur

Álvaro Bautista turned his hand to a new pursuit on Wednesday at the Sunway Lagoon Extreme Park in Kuala Lumpur as the Rizla Suzuki rider took a lesson in surfing. Enjoying a couple of hours of relaxation before this weekend’s race at Sepang the Spaniard was happy to be able to experience some of the leisure pursuits on offer, before the serious business of preparing for Sunday’s race gets underway with Friday’s opening practice session.

“For sure I need more experience to be able to surf like I ride a bike!” said Bautista. “Today’s been a great day for me and I’ve been able to enjoy doing something different. It’s very important to disconnect from racing for a short amount of time.”

Bautista has been in consistent form over the past four rounds, placing eighth for three consecutive races before seventh last time out at Motegi. Those results have bred a confidence and he is optimistic of another solid display in this weekend’s Shell Advance Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix.

“I arrive very confident because after seventh position in Japan I think the team and I are making good progress. I hope this weekend to improve. We tested here in the winter so we have a good reference and I think a good setting to start with on Friday. So I have confidence of being able to achieve a good result this weekend,” he concluded.

Related Articles



0 komentar: