Google
 

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Capirossi confused by mystery crash

Capirossi confused by mystery crash
Loris Capirossi was at a loss to explain why he was thrown from his Rizla Suzuki during qualifying at Phillip Island on Saturday.

The Italian, already limping after injuring his foot in a very similar 'off pace' accident at Sepang last weekend, was following Colin Edwards when the accident occurred.

Capirossi walked away but by the time he was ready to return to the track rain d begun falling and he will line-up in 17th and last, although the cause of the crash is his greatest concern.

“It was really tough conditions today, but we have a bigger problem at the moment because we don't know why I have crashed again," he said.

"I went out on a used tyre and I followed Colin â€" he had a new front and rear tyre â€" and I went slower than him, but when I changed direction to go on the right side the bike just went from under me, this just feels so strange and I don't know why.

"When you try hard and you make a mistake then it is normal to crash, but I didn't make a mistake so I don't know why the rear went away. I am in a bad position for the start tomorrow, but we will have to see what happens because I know I have to go better in the race.”

Phillip Island has traditionally been Suzuki's worst circuit and team-mate Álvaro Bautista, fifth last Sunday at Sepang, could only qualify 14th.

“It is a much different feeling here today than it was in Malaysia a week ago!" he said. "We had the opportunity to ride in dry conditions today, but this morning we had a problem with the bike in the corners and I just couldn't make it turn quick enough and I kept going out wide. This meant I couldn't enter fast enough as well so I was losing a lot of time.

"This afternoon we tried two different specifications on the bikes and one of them was a little bit worse and the other was a bit better â€" but still not perfect.

Related Articles



0 komentar: