Google
 

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

OnBoard at Phillip Island

OnBoard at Phillip Island

De Angelis dedicates victory to Tomizawa

Tuesday, 19 October 2010

The JiR Moto2 rider took his first win in the category at the Iveco Australian Grand Prix.

De Angelis delighted with first Moto2 win

De Angelis delighted with first Moto2 win

Alex de Angelis completed a highly productive phase of the 2010 season during the three back-to-back flyaway races in Japan, Malaysia and Australia as he achieved his first podium and then first win in the Moto2 class during the intense period.

Fourth at Motegi was followed by second at Sepang for the JiR Moto2 rider, and on Sunday at Phillip Island he registered his and the team’s first victory â€" from pole position â€" in the new intermediate class. It was the second World Championship win of his Grand Prix career and the San Marinese rider immediately made a moving dedication of his victory.

“I want to say one thing: I want to dedicate this race to Shoya Tomizawa. I think he was watching from above,” said De Angelis, who along with fellow podium finishers Scott Redding and Andrea Iannone opted not to mark their celebrations with champagne as a mark of respect. “I’m obviously very happy for how the weekend has gone. Pole position and a win in one single race are a good thing and help me re-evaluate a season that has been very difficult for me, and in this happy moment I also want to remember Shoya.”

De Angelis continued: “The weekend went well, the improvements we made in the last few races gave us hope but we know that in motor racing nothing can be sure until you get to the flag. Today is a good day, I must say thank you to the team that gave me this opportunity and prepared a very competitive package. Now I want to enjoy this moment.”

Looking ahead to the next round at Estoril, he added: “To win there will be very difficult but I’d like to continue finishing on or near the podium. It’s important for me and the team to continue working like this, and also maybe for next year.”

Related Articles



0 komentar: