Google
 

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Simoncelli happy to have negotiated Sepang

Simoncelli happy to have negotiated Sepang

Simoncelli happy to have negotiated Sepang

Tuesday, 12 October 2010

The San Carlo Honda Gresini rider took eighth place in Malaysia at a track he struggled on in pre-season testing.

For the opening two thirds of the race Simoncelli was right up there giving chase to the frontrunners until the torrid heat and humidity finally got the better of him. He made it to the finish line completely dehydrated but happy to have been in touch with the lead riders in the series for the majority of the race.

Marco Simoncelli รข€" 8th:

"Obviously the result is a bit of a shame but I am happy because I came through from the back to have a really good first two-thirds of the race. Unfortunately after that I physically couldn't do any more. I was struggling to breathe, my vision was blurred and I really found it hard to make it to the end. If we could have kept our pace to the end we could have finished fourth or fifth so like I said it is a shame but I am happy because this is a track I don't particularly love, winter testing here was a disaster yet here we were today putting in a good performance, even chasing Dovizioso and Lorenzo over the first few laps. Now I'm looking forward to the next race because this was a positive weekend for us."

San Carlo Honda Gresini press release

Related Articles



0 komentar: