Google
 

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Webb bruised but okay after Sepang

Webb bruised but okay after Sepang

Webb bruised but okay after Sepang

Monday, 11 October 2010

The young British rider suffered a fractured bone in his hand in Malaysia in a practice crash, and then fell during the race. Fortunately he escaped without further injury and will ride in Australia.

Danny Webb had a difficult weekend at Sepang in which two crashes left the young British rider of the Andalucia Cajasol team grateful not to have suffered any serious injuries.

A fall during 125cc FP1 resulted in a fractured first metacarpal bone in the right hand for Webb but he refused to be put out of action and qualified in 12th position for the race the following day.

Webb made good headway in the race and was running in ninth position when he crashed, and despite losing consciousness momentarily he avoided further injury and will now look to bounce back at Phillip Island this weekend.

“It’s been a very hard weekend. After my crash in the first practice in which I hurt my hand we had lots of complications that didn’t allow me to work on the set-up of the bike very well,” explained Webb. “But in the race I seemed strong and was riding fast in spite of all the problems I was having. The injured hand was hurting more and more and that was the reason for the crash. Luckily, although I lost consciousness and was very dizzy afterwards, I didn’t injure anything in the crash.”

Webb concluded: “Now we have a few days to rest and allow the hand to recover, and I hope to be back at my level in Australia and have a great race.”

Related Articles



0 komentar: