Google
 

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Capirossi to miss Phillip Island race

Capirossi to miss Phillip Island race

Capirossi to miss Phillip Island race

Sunday, 17 October 2010

The Rizla Suzuki rider has been forced to withdraw from Sunday's Iveco Australian Grand Prix due to an injury he picked up in a qualifying session crash on Saturday.

Loris Capirossi will not ride in today's (Sunday) Iveco Australian Grand Prix after sustaining a groin injury in a qualifying session crash at Phillip Island on Saturday.

The Italian strained an adductor muscle at the top of his left thigh and has been declared unfit for the race after medical examinations, and has now returned to Europe to get further treatment on the injury in a bid to be fit for the Estoril round in a fortnight.

“I am so disappointed that I have had to withdraw from the race, I did not want to, but the doctors said that the strain would have made it difficult for me to hang on to the bike and control it for the whole race, so they had to declare me unfit,” said Capirossi.

“It has been quite a miserable three races for me and now I need to get back home and make sure I am as fit as possible for the last two races. I still have a lot to do this season and I want to end the year as competitive as possible.”

Related Articles



0 komentar: